Congratulations on completing your degree at MUIH! Please carefully read and follow these steps to smoothly complete your journey with MUIH.
Students who completed their program in summer 2022, fall 2022, and spring 2023 are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony on May 21, 2023. In addition, students who will complete their program in summer 2023 may be eligible to participate in the ceremony if they meet the walk-through eligibility requirements (described in Step 5 below).
Step 1: How are Graduation and Commencement Different?
What is the difference between graduation and commencement?
Graduation is the completion of all degree requirements as recorded on the official transcript. Commencement is the ceremony that celebrates the completion of a degree.
Applying for graduation is required whether or not you attend the commencement ceremony. Participation in the commencement ceremony is optional and does not imply that you have officially graduated.
Step 2: Apply for Graduation
The deadlines to apply for graduation are:
- Fall 2022 trimester: September 30, 2022
- Spring 2023 trimester: February 3, 2023
- Summer 2023 trimester: May 26, 2023
To apply for graduation, follow the directions in your MyMUIH Data Portal.
Step 3: Receive your Diploma
Step 4: Order Transcripts
Students must order their official transcript. MUIH does not automatically send an official transcript to you.
- Students can place an order for an official transcript HERE.
- All financial obligations with MUIH must be met before the request will be processed.
- Your request can typically be delivered within 1 business day by selecting the electronic delivery method.
- The fee is $5 per transcript plus an additional $2.50 National Student Clearinghouse processing fee. Additional fees apply for paper transcripts mailed via U.S. mail.
- Updates on the status of your order will be e-mailed to you. You can also track the status of your order HERE.
- Your credit or debit card is not charged until the order has been processed.
- Current students can access their Unofficial Transcript at no cost in the Data Portal; on the My Graduation Application page click on “Unofficial Transcript”. Access to the Data Portal is terminated upon graduation.
- For questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar at or 443-906-5806.
Degree Conferral Date
There is one degree conferral date per trimester. The degree conferral dates for each trimester are posted in the Academic Calendar. Your official transcript will reflect the degree conferral date for the trimester in which you completed your degree. All diplomas issued in a specific trimester will show the trimester conferral date.
Step 5: Register to Participate in the Commencement Ceremony
The commencement ceremony is scheduled for Sunday, May 21, 2023, 2-4 pm at the Lyric Theatre in Baltimore, MD. This ceremony honors graduates of the class of 2022-2023. Students who completed their program in summer 2022, fall 2022, and spring 2023 are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony on May 21, 2023. In addition, students who will complete their program in summer 2023 may be eligible to participate in the ceremony if they meet the walk-through eligibility requirements described below.
The deadline to register to participate in the commencement ceremony is February 14, 2023.
To be eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony, students must complete all degree requirements by April 15, 2023 (last day of the Spring 2023 trimester). Students who will not complete their degree requirements by April 15, 2023 must have satisfied all financial obligations to MUIH and meet one of the following Walkthrough criteria:
- Master’s or doctoral student within 6 credits of completing their degree requirements as of the first day of the Summer 2023 trimester, or
- Graduate certificate student within 3 credits of completing their degree requirements as of the first day of the Summer 2023 trimester.
In accordance with MUIH’s Walkthrough Policy note that a walkthrough student is not considered to have completed their degree and will not receive a diploma or a conferred degree transcript until all program requirements and any other outstanding matters have been settled.
If you would like to participate in the commencement ceremony, REGISTER HERE.
Step 6: Order Commencement Regalia
MUIH has not yet received ordering information from the regalia supplier. Please visit this webpage in January 2023 for information about how you can order your regalia and the due date for doing so.
Commencement regalia consists of a plain black gown, plain black cap and golden yellow tassel, and a hood with colors appropriate to your degree (see below for MUIH’s hood colors). Graduates must wear proper academic regalia to participate in the commencement ceremony.
MUIH Hood Colors
|Doctor of Acupuncture||Kelly Green|
|Doctor of Clinical Nutrition||Kelly Green|
|Doctor of Oriental Medicine||Kelly Green|
|Master of Acupuncture||Kelly Green|
|Master of Arts in Health and Wellness Coaching||Golden Yellow|
|Master of Arts in Integrative Health Studies||Golden Yellow|
|Master of Oriental Medicine||Kelly Green|
|Master of Science in Clinical Herbal Medicine||Kelly Green|
|Master of Science in Health Promotion||Golden Yellow|
|Master of Science in Herbal Product Design and Manufacture||Kelly Green|
|Master of Science in Nutrition and Integrative Health||Kelly Green|
|Master of Science in Therapeutic Herbalism||Kelly Green|
|Master of Science in Yoga Therapy||Kelly Green|
|Post Master’s Certificate in Nutrition and Integrative Health||Kelly Green|
|Post-Master’s Certificate in Nutritional Genomics and Clinical Practice||Kelly Green|
|Post-Master’s Certificate in Therapeutic Yoga Practices||Kelly Green|
|Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Ayurvedic Wellness Practices||Kelly Green|
|Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Cannabis Science||Kelly Green|
|Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Chinese Herbs||Kelly Green|
|Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Culinary Health and Healing||Kelly Green|
|Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Health and Wellness Coaching||Golden Yellow|
|Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Herbal Studies||Kelly Green|
|Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Integrative Health Studies||Golden Yellow|
|Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Sports Performance and Integrative Nutrition||Kelly Green|
|Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Workplace Wellness||Golden Yellow|